EDTL Approach for Programmes
26th September 2020
EDTL team members Julie Byrne and Marian O’Connor speak about the EDTL Approach for Programmes. With contributions from EDTL student interns Catherine Dawson and Ben Ryan, and special guest Geraldine O’Neill, Associate Professor and Educational Developer at UCD.
- The EDTL Approach: Planning for effective remote teaching during Covid-19
- Laurillard’s six learning types, Youtube video
- ABC Learning Model – Module/Programme Approach
- Typology of free web-based learning Technologies (pdf)
- Videoconferencing alternatives: How low bandwidth teaching will save us all
- EDTL guide to Academic Integrity in Online Assessment (pdf)
And from Geraldine O’Neill’s talk:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). (2009). Integrative and Applied VALUE rubric.
- Crisp, G. T. (2012) Integrative assessment: reframing assessment practice for current and future learning, Assessment & Evaluation. 37, 1,, 33–43
- National Forum (2017) ‘Enhancing Programme Approaches to Assessment and Feedback on Irish Higher Education.
- Nobel, S (2019) PASS Case Study 2.
- PASS (2019) Case Studies, Programme Assessment Strategies (PASS) University of Bradford (UK)
- UCD Teaching and Learning (2020) Programme Assessment & Feedback Strategies
- UCD Teaching & Learning Resources.
- UCD resource: How to give feedback to students.
More about our presenters
Dr Geraldine O’Neill
Geraldine is Associate Professor and educational developer in UCD Teaching & Learning.
Julie Byrne is EDTL Academic Lead at Trinity College Dublin.
Marian O’Connor is project manager at UCD.
Catherine Dawson and Ben Ryan
Catherine and Ben are EDTL student associate interns at UCC and TCD.
The Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning Project is based at the
Irish Universities Association
48 Merrion Square
Dublin, D02 PK02
Ireland +353 (1) 676 4948 firstname.lastname@example.org