EDTL Approach: Approaches to Lab-based Subjects
7th September 2020
Guest Speakers include Dr. Andrew Garrard (Sheffield University) and Prof. Michael Seery (Edinburgh University). Hosted by Mairéad O’Reilly and David Hamill, EDTL project team.
- The EDTL Approach: Considerations for Lab-based Subjects in the context of Covid-19
- Practical Engineering Education, blog by the Multidisciplinary Engineering Education team at the University of Sheffield
- Simulated Practicals, not as hard as you think, blog post
- Remote Practicals Playbook
- Threshold Assessment, see case study 1.4 by Stephen Beck in chapter 1 of Gibbs, B. & Wood, G. C., eds. (2020). Emerging Stronger: Lasting Impact from Crisis Innovation. Godalming: Engineering Professors’ Council.
- Remote Practical in the Time of Coronavirus, a Multidisciplinary Approach
- Codifying an Approach to Remote Practicals.
- Michael Seery’s YouTube channel
- 10 Simple Rules for Supporting a Temporary Online Pivot in Higher Education
- See also our #IUADigEd webinar with Emily Nordmann and Louise Robson on this topic.
More about our presenters
Dr Andrew Garrard
Andrew is Deputy Head of Multidisciplinary Engineering Education at The University of Sheffield.
Prof Michael Seery
Michael is Professor of Chemistry Education at the University of Edinburgh
Mairéad is EDTL team member and learning technologist in the College of Engineering & Architecture at UCD
Dr David Hamill
David is EDTL team member and learning technologist with CAPSL at Trinity College Dublin