University of Limerick
On this page you will find helpful resources and supports available at University of Limerick.
Your EDTL Student Intern
Alice Hynes is the EDTL Project Intern at University of Limerick
Your Project Team Contact
David Moloney is the EDTL Project Representative at University of Limerick
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the information on this page is accurate and up to date, please visit the University of Limerick website for the latest updates.
1. Information Technology Division (ITD) – Student Computing Services & Information
UL’s ITD department provides resources and support for students in relation to technology and computing. Students can access Microsoft guides and tutorials, UL printing services, see the locations of computer labs around campus and much more through their website.
2. Centre for Transformative Learning (CTL)
The Centre for Transformative Learning exists to encourage and facilitate excellence in teaching and learning within and beyond the University of Limerick. Its role is to encourage scholarship and research in teaching and learning, to help ensure that effective teaching is valued, supported, and developed and to encourage innovation in teaching and learning activities.
- Student Success with Online Learning and Assessment: Students can find resources here to help them successfully navigate the online environment and tips for success with online assessment this semester. Below are links to infographics for each of the 4 faculties in UL that contain information that is specific to that faculty.
- First Seven Weeks: The First Seven Weeks is an initiative at the University of Limerick designed to provide strong, enhanced and targeted support to students during the very early weeks of their time as UL students. Recognising that successful early adjustment is linked to subsequent success, we provide a range of information, target our resources and interact with our new students in ways that make them know we care about them and are interested in their successful adjustment.
- Learn Online @ UL Guide (PDF)
3. Maths Learning Centre
All UL students studying courses that have a mathematics or statistics module can avail of the Mathematics Learning Centre’s (MLC) services free of charge. These services will all take place online in Semester 1 2020/21.
4. Science Learning Centre
The Science Learning Centre is part of the Centre for Transformative Learning at the University of Limerick. It provides support to UL students whose degree includes a science or engineering component. The services will run online for Semester 1 2020/21.
5. Regional Writing Centre
The Writing Centre at UL offers a free and friendly place for all students (undergraduate and postgraduate) to come and address any aspect of their writing. This resource is dedicated to helping students develop strategies to become more confident, critical and autonomous writers.
The Writing Centre practices a non-invasive, inductive approach to writing development, utilising peer-tutors and experts that work with both undergraduate students, postgraduate students and staff respectively to identify their writing practices in order to assess and improve strategic effectiveness.
6. ICT Learning Centre
The ICT Learning Centre aims to support and promote active learning among the students of ICT related programmes in UL, via the use of proven learner support approaches, tutoring innovation, research and evaluation. The support services will be run online for Autumn Semester 2020/21.
7. Peer Support Learning Centre
The Regional PSLC is a cross-institutional centre for promoting effective, learner focused Peer Supported learning systems by building on the experience and expertise in Peer Supported learning in all Shannon Consortium partner institutions, particularly that related to UL’s highly successful academic enrichment programme known as Peer Supported Learning Groups (PSLG)
8. Glucksman Library
The Glucksman Library advances the University’s teaching, learning and research activities by providing high-quality academic information resources, education and facilities to students, staff and researchers.
9. Student Engagement & Success Unit
The SES Unit exists to support students transition into 3rd level education and to ensure that they get all the support they need to make their first year a success.
10. Disability Services Office
The UL Disability Services Office provide numerous supports to registered UL students ranging from exam supports to other accommodations. They have published this handy YouTube video to give you a better idea of what help the Disability Services Office can provide to registered students.
11. Student Life
The Student Centre is the heart of UL Student Life. This is where you will find your Student Officers, UL Student Life Staff, Clubs & Societies along with access to a huge amount of facilities & services. The team will be delighted to assist you wherever possible.
The Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning Project is based at the
Irish Universities Association
48 Merrion Square
Dublin, D02 PK02
+353 (1) 676 4948 firstname.lastname@example.org