On this page you will find helpful resources and supports available at University of Limerick.
Your EDTL Student Intern
Alice Hynes is the EDTL Project Intern at University of Limerick
Your Project Team Contact
David Moloney is the EDTL Project Representative at University of Limerick
Whilst we endeavour to ensure the information on this page is accurate and up to date, please visit the University of Limerick website for the latest updates.
1. Student Life
The Student Centre is the heart of UL Student Life. This is where you will find your Student Officers, UL Student Life Staff, Clubs & Societies along with access to a huge amount of facilities & services. The team will be delighted to assist you wherever possible.
2. EDTL @ UL Resource Pack: Students can find resources here to help them successfully navigate the online environment and tips for success with online assessment.
3. Centre for Transformative Learning (CTL)
The Centre for Transformative Learning exists to encourage and facilitate excellence in teaching and learning within and beyond the University of Limerick. Its role is to encourage scholarship and research in teaching and learning, to help ensure that effective teaching is valued, supported, and developed and to encourage innovation in teaching and learning activities.
First Seven Weeks: The First Seven Weeks is an initiative at the University of Limerick designed to provide strong, enhanced and targeted support to students during the very early weeks of their time as UL students. Recognising that successful early adjustment is linked to subsequent success, we provide a range of information, target our resources and interact with our new students in ways that make them know we care about them and are interested in their successful adjustment.
4. Learning Centres: The Learning Centres are a fantastic support for students who may be struggling with a particular subject. They offer a free and friendly space for students to get help with any aspect of their degree that they find particularly challenging.
- Maths Learning Centre
- Science Learning Centre
- Regional Writing Centre
- ICT Learning Centre
- Peer Support Learning Centre
- Information Communication Technology Learning Centre (ITD)
- Language Centre
5. Glucksman Library
The Glucksman Library advances the University’s teaching, learning and research activities by providing high-quality academic information resources, education and facilities to students, staff and researchers.
6. Disability Services Office
The UL Disability Services Office provide numerous supports to registered UL students ranging from exam supports to other accommodations. They have published this handy YouTube video to give you a better idea of what help the Disability Services Office can provide to registered students.
7. Student Engagement & Success Unit
The SES Unit exists to support students transition into 3rd level education and to ensure that they get all the support they need to make their first year a success.