EDTL Approach for Programmes
26th September 2020
EDTL team members Julie Byrne and Marian O’Connor speak about the EDTL Approach for Programmes. With contributions from EDTL student interns Catherine Dawson and Ben Ryan, and special guest Geraldine O’Neill, Associate Professor and Educational Developer at UCD.
- The EDTL Approach: Planning for effective remote teaching during Covid-19
- Laurillard’s six learning types, Youtube video
- ABC Learning Model – Module/Programme Approach
- Typology of free web-based learning Technologies (pdf)
- Videoconferencing alternatives: How low bandwidth teaching will save us all
- EDTL guide to Academic Integrity in Online Assessment (pdf)
And from Geraldine O’Neill’s talk:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). (2009). Integrative and Applied VALUE rubric.
- Bishop et al (2012) PASS Case Study 10, Available at: file:///Users/Gerladine/Google%20Drive/UCD%20Assessment%20Implementation%20Framework/Intergrative%20Assessment%20Workshop%20/Pass%20Case%20Study%2010-teesside-engineering.pdf
- Crisp, G. T. (2012) Integrative assessment: reframing assessment practice for current and future learning, Assessment & Evaluation. 37, 1,, 33–43
- National Forum (2017) ‘Enhancing Programme Approaches to Assessment and Feedback on Irish Higher Education.
- Nobel, S (2019) PASS Case Study 2.
- PASS (2019) Case Studies, Programme Assessment Strategies (PASS) University of Bradford (UK)
- UCD Teaching and Learning (2020) Programme Assessment & Feedback Strategies
- UCD Teaching & Learning Resources.
- UCD resource: How to give feedback to students.
More about our presenters
Geraldine O’Neill, Assoc. Prof & Educational Developer UCD.
Catherine Dawson, EDTL Intern, UCC
Catherine graduated from UCC with a BSc in Applied Mathematics and Physics and after spending a year in the UCC Students’ Union as VP for Education, she is going back to do a MSc in Mathematical Modelling and Self-Learning Systems.
Ben Ryan, EDTL Intern, Trinity College Dublin
Ben is in his third year studying Business, Economics and Social Studies in Trinity. He has a great interest in international relations and is considering a career in this field after he leaves college.
The Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning Project is based at the
Irish Universities Association
48 Merrion Square
Dublin, D02 PK02
Ireland +353 (1) 676 4948 email@example.com