EDTL Approach: Approaches to Lab-based Subjects
7th September 2020
Guest Speakers include Dr. Andrew Garrard (Sheffield University) and Prof. Michael Seery (Edinburgh University). Hosted by Mairéad O’Reilly and David Hamill, EDTL project team.
- The EDTL Approach: Considerations for Lab-based Subjects in the context of Covid-19
- Practical Engineering Education, blog by the Multidisciplinary Engineering Education team at the University of Sheffield
- Simulated Practicals, not as hard as you think, blog post
- Remote Practicals Playbook
- Threshold Assessment, see case study 1.4 by Stephen Beck in chapter 1 of Gibbs, B. & Wood, G. C., eds. (2020). Emerging Stronger: Lasting Impact from Crisis Innovation. Godalming: Engineering Professors’ Council.
- Remote Practical in the Time of Coronavirus, a Multidisciplinary Approach
- Codifying an Approach to Remote Practicals.
- Michael Seery’s YouTube channel
- 10 Simple Rules for Supporting a Temporary Online Pivot in Higher Education
- See also our #IUADigEd webinar with Emily Nordmann and Louise Robson on this topic.
The Enhancing Digital Teaching & Learning Project is based at the
Irish Universities Association
48 Merrion Square
Dublin, D02 PK02
Ireland +353 (1) 676 4948 firstname.lastname@example.org